Vehicular Containment and Interdiciton Course
TRIARC Systems Vehicular Containment and Interdiction Course is a 20-hour training program that is designed for Law Enforcement Tac-Teams / Military elements that would be required to execute critical and technical vehicle interdiction type operations. Students will be educated and developed through various stage building blocks on planning considerations, task and purpose to the main effort and supporting elements, various contingency orders of movement, breaching mechanisms, vehicle isolation and containment procedures, diversionary device considerations, execution and contingency considerations, low percentage threat reduction shots, isolation and separation of suspects / threats to civilians, and POST Vehicle Interdiction procedures. Students will leave with validated Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures to make them more efficient on identifying the threat variable and plan of action to be executed, various competent vehicle approaches and necessary threat reductions methods, and securement of the situation.
This 2-day training program and course objectives includes:
- Weapons Safety and Safe Handling Manipulation Techniques
- Expeditionary Mindset and Threat Follow Through Actions
- Mission Kit Set Up and Contingency Considerations
- Pistol and Carbine Low-Percentage Shot Fundamental Application and Development
- Sector Assessment and Critical Threat Identification and Reduction Methods
- Weapon Transition and Threat Follow Through Reduction Methods
- Shooting on the Move and Knowing When to Place Your Shot
- Exterior Vehicle Body Positions and Pre-Interdiction Posture Formations
- Ballistic Familiarization on Light Skin Body Penetrations to Glass on Do’s and Don’ts
- Mission Planning and Critical Contingency Considerations: Hasty vs Deliberate: Singular to Multi-Threat to Innocents in the Vehicle.
- Specialty Mission Essential Equipment Selection and Employment Methods
- Various Vehicle Assault Posture Positions: Pros and Cons Considerations
- Target Vehicle Isolation and Containment Procedures and Considerations
- Order of Movement to Target Vehicles, Task and Purpose Designated to Each Element, and Procedural Flows from Front, Rear, and Flank / Linear of the Target Vehicle
- Target Vehicle Breach on Windows and Doors and OOM
- Diversionary Device/s Planning and Implementation Upon Interdiction (If Provided)
- Actions Upon Compliant vs Non-Compliant Suspects / Civilians
- Target Vehicle Control Methods
- When to Call and Place a Shot during a Vehicle Interdiction
- POST Vehicle Interdiction Procedures, and Separation and Control of Personnel Involved
- Sniper and Observation Integration / Duties and Responsibilities (Must Be Approved Prior to Training)
- Live Fire Scenarios
- Force-on-Force Validation Scenarios
Cost: $550 per Individual
Round Count: 500 Rounds Carbine, 300 Rounds Pistol, 210 Rounds Carbine Simms, and 100 Rounds Pistol Simms
Note: Department / Agency must coordinate prior to on what vehicles will be used and the agency must provide. Either from cars, vans, or various buses. Working Dogs may be integrated in during Force-on-Force Scenarios with bite suits and must be approved prior to class. Vehicle Breaching Equipment must be approved prior to class.
- Functioning Carbine Designed to Chamber Either 5.56 x 45 (Sub-Guns Firing Pistol Ammo must be pre-approved)
- Functioning Pistol Designed to Chamber Either 9mm, .40 cal, .45 cal, 10mm
- Clear Ballistic Wrap Around Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection (Electronic Noise Cancelling Most Recommended)
- Carbine Sling: Two-Point or Single-Point
- Carbine Belt and Pistol Magazine Carrier (Must Be Able to Hold Minimum of Two Pistol Magazines and One Carbine Magazine)
- Carbine Magazine Chest Rig (Optional)
- 5 Functional Carbine and 5 Functional Pistol Magazines (Single Stack Pistol Bring More)
- Spare Batteries on Mounted Optics for Either or Both Pistol and Carbine (Recommend Spare Batteries are Brought. None Will Be Provided)
- Simms Personnel Protective Equipment: Simms Mask, Gas Mask, or Helmet Visor, Gloves, Neck Guards, etc.
- Working Simms Conversion Kit with Both Assigned Carbine and Pistol
- Weapon Lubricant, Cleaning Kit, Cleaning Rod and Bore Snake for Simms.